Sunday, December 28, 2008

What's up with your hair?

My youngest child Isobel called me into the living room this evening to show me something on television she found interesting.

First off, let me state that she is seven. She has never known a world where you couldn't pause live TV. This has nothing to do with the story really, it just makes me laugh when she wants me to see something on television and states "Hold on, let me rewind it".

So Isobel was showing me a Mom and her daughter, standing in a hallway.

"Do you like her outfit mom?" she asks, pointing to the TV mother.

"Sure, it's cute".

She starts the commercial up again, the TV daughter looking at her TV mother and telling her how young she looks.

Isobel turned to me with a concerned look and said:

"Mom, you have such a pretty face, I just wish you dressed better".

Yeah yeah..let me slip into a cute, little Spring dress to shovel the foot of wet snow that fell last night, after that I'll throw on some strappy sandals to wear to the IGA.

Oh, now this has nothing to do with anything, but the snow reminded me. DO NOT knock the foot of snow off your car using an old, metal snow shovel. If you do this you run the risk of cracking your windshield, which I happened to do this morning. A broom would be better.

No comments: