Sunday, December 28, 2008

Airatarian

My mother doesn't eat.

I mean, she eats, ok? Everyone eats. But she doesn't really eat food.

Yesterday morning it was coffee and I made her try a HobNob. She didn't really like it and ate a graham cracker. I think that was breakfast.

Then as I was leaving to go to the mall she called after me, "Here! take some lunch with you!" and ran down the driveway with a banana.

Now, she's never eaten dinner as long as I have known her. I guess that would be all my life. She was a working mother and would leave notes like, "Dinner is in the fridge" where my siblings and I would find three apples and a bag of cheese curds.

I spoke with my sister yesterday about mom and her ability to live, not just live but thrive on just coffee, fruit, cheese and wine.

"It's freaky" my sister said "It's like she's an...airatarian" .

No comments: