Sunday, December 28, 2008

Being unpredictable and unstable is just part of my mystique

"Can you hold four ducks at one time?"

That's the question my father asked me yesterday as we were getting the new duckling pen set up in the back yard.

"Here! Try it!" he said, handing me a pile of ducks.

Things I'm learning about myself:

I can hold three ducks at one time. Four is one duck too many.

I've also accepted the fact that I am a flake.

Since the Markus left we've been e-mailing back and forth, analyzing just exactly went wrong. Well, he's analyzing because he is an Electronic Engineer who happens to be German and a Virgo, so he just can't help it. I know exactly what went wrong and what needs to happen to fix it.

So today he says this to me:

"Yes I have to deal with it. I am talking about your non deterministic behaviour."

Hmm. I think. It's not quite English. So I asked my farmer father.

"What do you think non deterministic behavior means?"

"He's calling you a flaky woman" my father replies.

Hmm. Well. That's not going to change. So yes. He has to deal with it. I'm not going to try and change my basic nature just to make it easier for someone else. I tried that before, it can end up disastrous. Please refer to "My ex-husband is an idiot". (I'm not talking about you David, the other ex-husband. You seemed quite entertained by it all). I'm unstable, and flighty, and quick to change direction. I'm also adventurous, game for a laugh, adaptable and sometimes forget to eat. So yeah, I can take a few wrong turns and end up living with my parents, chickens and four ducklings. I think it's part of my charm.

I'm taking "non deterministic behavior" as a compliment.

I'm also getting a root canal today.

No comments: