Thursday, January 22, 2009

List

I am not too fond of lists. It makes me tense to see a visual of all the things I need to do. However, having all these big and little things rattle around my brain makes me even more tense, so one of my goals for 2009 is to make more lists. I thought I would start with writing down 37 things I'd like to do in 2009. Why 37? That's how old I will be this year. Not yet of course, later this year. It seems like a good number to start with.

1. Smile more. I tend to walk around with my brow furrowed most of the time.

2. Set an appointment for myself to worry. I don't need to worry 24 hours a day. One hour should be sufficient.

3. Travel by train. I love trains.

4. Walk slower. I'm not in New York.

5. Ride a bike. I'd like an Orange one with a basket.

6. Stand at the beach and feel the ocean wash over my feet.

7. Eat lemon sorbet. It makes me happy.

8. Make time for friends.

9. Trust.

10. Soak in the sunshine.

11. Love the people I am with.

12. More spontaneous dancing.

13. Take pictures and not worry if they are good.

14. Explore.

15. Treat myself well everyday.

16. Make more lists.

17. Quit procrastinating.

18. Make my home beautiful for my family. Fill it with things and people I love.

19. Rid my home of things I no longer love, or no longer need.

20. Forgive. Including myself.

21. Save.

22. Let go.

23. Stretch my body, mind and soul.

24. Give more with out expectation.

25. Expect more miracles.

26. Ice skate.

27. Look at the world through the eyes of my children.

28. Sleep in when I can.

29. Go sledding when it snows.

30. Be goofy. Let people take pictures.

31. Pick a day and drive to California.

32. Experiment.

33. Throw a party. Maybe even two.

34. Take pride in my accomplishments.

35. Sit by the river.

36. Hug more people, allow myself a hug too.

37. Relax.

No comments: